To print a paper, every application needs a few key Windows components and programs. If you get an error when you try to print your payroll tax forms and bills, it could be because of a problem with the Windows print components or because the QuickBooks Desktop app wasn’t set up correctly.
“QuickBooks Unable to locate the PDF Viewer” is a common printing mistake in QuickBooks. When it happens, the error message “Unable to locate the PDF viewer” is shown. To fix the problem, you need to know a lot about Windows printing tools like Adobe and XPS Viewer. This piece is meant to help QuickBooks users understand why these print errors happen and how to fix them, so read it all the way to the end for full information.
What causes QuickBooks to say “Unable to Locate PDF Viewer”?
Most of the time, QuickBooks printing problems are caused by old or broken Windows print components. A mistake in setting up the QB Desktop app is another reason why QuickBooks can’t find the PDF Viewer and shows the error message “Unable to Locate PDF Viewer. You’ll need PDF software to view and print this balance report.” Here are some of the most obvious reasons why QuickBooks Desktop can’t find the PDF Viewer.
- Adobe Reader is not set up as the default PDF viewer app in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Qbprint.qbp file is damaged or missing from the installation directory.
How to resolve the QuickBooks Can’t Find PDF Viewer error
Before you try the troubleshooting steps below, make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop Software is up to date with the most recent changes.
Step 1: Fix Adobe Reader, update it, and reinstall it.
Fix Adobe Reader
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Page by clicking on the link.
- Write down the version number on the page and open the Adobe Reader app on Windows.
- Check if the product version shown on the page is the same as the one shown on Adobe’s website.
- If the product version doesn’t match, click the Help tab and choose the Check for Updates button.
- To update the PDF Viewer, follow the steps shown on the screen.
Repair Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Close all of the programs running on Windows and then open Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Under “Help,” click “Repair Acrobat Installation.”
- Wait for the application to fix itself, and when it does, restart your machine and try printing a document again using QuickBooks.
Reinstall Adobe PDF Viewer
- Type appwiz.cpl and press OK after pressing Windows + R.
- Select Uninstall when you right-click Adobe.
- Open your web browser and find the page where you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Click “Install Now” and choose the right version of Windows from the drop-down menu.
- When the process is done, click Finish.
If you still can’t print statements and other documents with QuickBooks as your QuickBooks unable to locate PDF viewer, we might need to do more detailed troubleshooting. We suggest you dial our Support Number +1-(855)-955-1942.
article post on Techadda2
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: QuickBooks requires a PDF viewer to generate and display reports and forms. If it can’t locate a PDF viewer, you may encounter issues when trying to print or email documents.
Ans: You can resolve this error by reinstalling or repairing the PDF viewer associated with QuickBooks or by setting a default PDF viewer for your system.
Ans: To set a default PDF viewer, go to your computer’s settings or control panel, locate the default apps section, and choose a PDF viewer (e.g., Adobe Reader) as the default.
Ans: QuickBooks generally works well with popular PDF viewers like Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, and Foxit Reader.
Ans: Try reinstalling or repairing the PDF viewer you have installed. Sometimes, a corrupted installation can cause this issue.