QuickBooks is an innovative accounting software used by millions of small and mid-sized businesses across the world. It can transform the way entrepreneurs carry out their accounting and bookkeeping activities manually, but at the same time, this avant-garde software strikes out some specific errors on a regular basis. QuickBooks Company File Error 6123 0 is the most common one which typically arises when the users try to restore the backup of the company file. This error code pops up without any prior indications and interrupts QuickBooks company file operations. You might also end up with the same error while opening a company file from the multi-user network. Whenever the QB error 6123 takes place, it throws the following error message:
Error: 6123, 0: “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
Error: 6123, 0: “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.”
What instigates QuickBooks Company File Error 6123 0?
There are multiple factors that may lead to QB error code 6123, 0 and create interruptions at the time of your work. Some of them are enlisted below:
- A damaged QuickBooks company file not only triggers this annoying error but also accounts for several other 6000 series errors.
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on Windows then you are most likely to bump into such an annoying error.
- A disrupted network connection from the host server can be another valid reason.
- In case you have restored the company file from an external storage device.
- When you are trying to restore the backup from an online storage service like Dropbox.
- Some antivirus program installed on your system hinders the smooth communication process between QuickBooks and the server.
- Firewall settings may obstruct the QuickBooks software while opening the company file.
Top 3 rectifications to troubleshoot QuickBooks Pro Error Code 6123
After uncovering the various causes that could provoke this error, you are required to be familiar with the methods contributing to QB error 6123. Here’s a list of some most efficient and viable techniques. So, let’s carry out each one step-by-step and get this error rooted out from the system once and for all.
Technique 1: Restore a Backup using a Portable Company File
- To start off, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop on the same system which was used to create the backup company file.
- Now, click the File tab.
- Hit create copy and select Create Portable Company File.
- Press Next and enter a name for the company file.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the company file and hit Save and choose OK.
- After that, move the portable company file to the new computer and then proceed to restore the backup.
- Furthermore, browse the portable company file with .qbm extension and select Open.
- Carefully, read out all the instructions displaying on the screen.
- Lastly, press Next and click Save before opening the company file.
Technique 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG file
- The very first step is to open up the folder that contains the company file.
- Now, select the Corresponding .ND file.
- Hit right-click on the Company file and then choose the Rename option.
- Also, rename the .ND file to .ND.OLD
- Furthermore, tap on the .TLG file and rename it in the same way as you renamed the Network (.ND) file.
- Then, you need to rename it to .TLG.OLD.
- To end the process, make sure to open the QuickBooks company file.
Technique 3: Create a new Window User
- In the inception, hover over Control Panel and choose the Create new user option in the User icon.
- Next, you have to select the Administrator for user type.
- Afterward, log out of the existing account.
- Reboot your system and then log in using the New user credentials.
- Now, move your company file to the desktop.
- Ultimately, you must open QuickBooks and access the company file.
Is it challenging for you to deal with QuickBooks Error 6123 even after executing all the steps over here? Don’t panic, just sit relaxed. We have found that several QB users encounter issues when attempting to restore a backup of the company file. Therefore, you can contact our QuickBooks technical error support team at +1-(855)-955-1942 to quickly complete your most complicated task.