Acknowledging the critical function of crafts in a child’s development in a society where academic expectations and scheduled learning predominate is essential. Primary School is the ideal stage to try out new artistic techniques. Kids of this age are always up for trying anything new.
These art projects use various mediums, teaching children to paint, sculpt, draw, weave, and more. Craft is a strong tool that enables kids to explore, learn, and make sense of the world around them. IGCSE curriculum focuses on various craft activities mentioned below to make the learning process fun.
- Weaved Wall hangings
This craft is an excellent method to teach kindergarteners about weaving while developing their fine motor skills and creativity. For the children’s security, watch them use scissors and glue.
- Colored threads or yarns
- Decorative items
- Cut out the cardboard in any desirable shape.
- Make the slits on the edges.
- Use the different colored yarns and teach kids to weave them through the slits.
- Encourage kids to make patterns according to their imagination
- Finally, decorate the wall hanging with decorative items, like stickers and all.
- Circle Print art
Kindergarteners can explore their imagination and have fun with colors and shapes with the joyful and straightforward craft of circle-print art.
- Disposable plates
- White paper
- Circular objects, like Bottle caps, lids
- Old shirts
- Old newspaper
- Cover the working area with newspaper to protect the kids from spilling the paint.
- Pour the paint on the disposable plates.
- Now ask the kids to dip the different shape of circular objects in the paint and print it on white paper.
- Now allow the paint to dry and ask kids to draw different patterns with a paintbrush.
- Prepare Collages with different cultures.
Kindergarten kids can learn about various cultures and traditions by making cultural collages. This activity not only increases their creativity but also fosters cultural knowledge.
- Larger paper sheet
- Printed images from different cultures from magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Colored sketches
- First, I taught the students about different cultures and traditions
- Now ask students to cut the pictures of people dressed in different clothes, flags, and land from magazines and newspapers.
- Now ask the kids to paste them on the large paper sheet and help them labeling with colored sketches.
- Now, after completing the collage, explain and encourage the kids to explain their collage.
- Insect Lifecycle
- Colored papers
Make a butterfly life cycle craft to explain the idea of metamorphosis. Help the kids to draw and cut out the images of the egg, caterpillar, chrysalis, and butterfly stages. Help them arrange and glue these phases onto colorful paper to represent the exciting transition process.
The ICSE curriculum includes engaging crafts that are instructional and encourage students’ cognitive, social, and creative growth. The above crafts keep the kids engaged and reinforce the fun learning process. Hence, when choosing the primary School for kids, always check all the essential factors like curriculum, learning environment, teaching methods, etc.